1. Fever of 100ºF and over – exclude until student has been fever-free for at least 24 hours.
2. Conjunctivitis (pink eye), strep infections, ringworm, and impetigo are all infections and must be treated with medication for a minimum of 24hours before returning to school. Please do not allow affected students back before this time so that other students are not infected unnecessarily.
3. Rash of unknown origin (especially if accompanied by a fever).
4. Head injury.
5. Severe coughing or difficulty breathing.
6. Colds – a child with thick or constant nasal discharge should remain home.
7. Diarrhea or vomiting – exclude until student has been symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
8. Stiff neck associated with a fever and/or a recent injury.
9. Inadequate immunizations with known disease outbreak in school.
10. Refer to the VDOH "Communicable Disease Reference Chart for School Personnel" for other exclusions/information.